Sofia Gavito started her ballet education at the age of seven in the ballet studio of Liliana Belfiore,
in Buenos Aires Argentina. With 12 years she received a scholarship to study at the “Instituto de Danza clasica y ballet Michel Borovsky”, where she studied with the instructors of the Teatro Colon Liliana Belfiore, Rita Caride and Monica Mansel. Moreover she took private classes with Roberto Demitrievich and Valeria Guerra. In December 2005 she graduated with the best grades and entered the company “Cuentos de Ballet” of Liliana Belfiore.
Performances with the “Instituto Michel Borovsky”
• “La Source” ( Belfiore-Leo Delibes). Teatro Empire (2003).
• “Mozartiana” (Belfiore-Mozart). Teatro Uthgra (2004).
• “La Bella Durmiente del Bosque”.( Petipa-Belfiore-Tchaikovsky). Teatro Uthgra. Centro
Cultural Borges (2004).
Performances with the Company “Cuentos de Ballet”
• “La Bella Durmiente del Bosque” (Petipa-Tchaikovsky-Belfiore).Centro Cultural Borges y
Teatro Hebraica (2005-2006).
• “Tango Postales” (Belfiore-Pugliese-Canaro-Mores). Centro Cultural Borges (2005).
• “Coppelia” (Delibes-Saint Leon-Belfiore). Tour in Mar del Plata, Argentina. Teatro
• “Danzas de Amor” (Belfiore-Verdi-LeonCavallo). Tour Mar del Plata, Argentina. Teatro
In 2006 Sofia Gavito joined the “Ballet Neoclasico de Buenos Aires”1 directed by Guido De
Benedetti and at the same time as guest dancer in the company “Cuentos de Ballet.” In this period she performed parts of the classical repertory as choreographies of De Benedetti of others. The “Ballet Neoclasico” regularly cooperates with guest dancers of the Teatro Colon of Buenos Aires.
• “Romeo y Julieta” (Prokofiev-De Benedetti). Tour. Mar del Plata, Argentina. Auditorium de
la ciudad de Mar del Plata. Centro Cultural Borges, Buenos Aires. Teatro Coliseo. Lomas de
Zamora. Temporada (2006).
• “Moliere” (De Benedetti-Mozart-Vai). Centro Cultural Borges. Buenos Aires (2006).
• Programa “Del clasico al pop”. Centro Cultural Borges, Buenos Aires (2006):
“Opus 5” (De Benedetti-Beethoven)
“Satiricas” (Pablo Desse-Gluck)
“Lovely POP” (De Benedetti-Collins-Cocker-Sting)
• Programa “Romantico-Salvaje” Centro Cultural Borges. Septiembre (2006)
“Etudes” (De Benedetti-Chopin).
“Le Papillon” (Liliana Belfiore-Offenbach).
“Bolero” (De Benedetti-Ravel).
• “El Gran Charles” (De Benedetti-Charles Chaplin). Teatro Coliseo, Lomas de Zamora.
Teatro Avenida, Buenos Aires. Anio 2007. (In this performance Sofia stood out not only
regarding her dancing abilities, but also with reference to the diversity of sophisticated
acting skills interpreting characters like a “nazi secretary”, an old lady, an prisoner, an
soldier etc.) in the “Centro Cultural Borges” (2009).
• “Giselle” (De Benedetti-Perrot-Coralli-Adam). Teatro Coliseo, Lomas de Zamora. Teatro
Avenida, Buenos Aires ( 2007).
• The company of De Benedetti was invited by Adelaida Negri to dance “Le Danza delle
ore” in the opera “La Gioconda” (Amilcare Ponchielli) and “Il Giudizo di Paride” in the
opera “Adriana Lecouvreur” (Francesco Cilea) in the Teatro Avenida (2006 and 2007).
Teatro General San Martin
• In 2008 Sofia Gavito was engaged by the “Teatro General San Martin” as dancer for the
production of the year “Las Mujeres Sabias” (Les Femmes Savantes/Moliere), directed by
Willy Landin, choreography by Miguel Elias (2008).
Performances with the Ballet der Landeshauptstadt
St. Pölten. (Austria)
Ballet Gala in the Opera “Nationala Romana Timisoara” (Rumania, May 2010)
- “Accelerationen Walzer” (Renato Zanella-Strauss).
- “Besame” (Sofia Gavito-adapted version, original Velásquez).
- “Tango-Flamenco” (Michael Fichtenbaum- Andalusian Folk).
In December 2007, Mauricio Wainrot, director of the Contemporary
dancing school of the “Teatro San Martin” invited her to join the dancing school of the same theater. There she studied contemporary techniques, improvisation and theater. Her most important teachers were Miguel Elias, Claudio Longo, Sofia Ballve and Alejandro Cervera.
In the same time she took privat contemporary dance classes with Diego Franco and Silvina Cortes.
Sofia Gavito was invited by Maximiliano Guerra to study in his company “El Ballet del Mercosur” with the instructors Gabriela Pucci, Miguel Gomez (Cuba) and Maximiliano Guerra (2009).
In 2010 Sofia participated in a workshop of classical technique and repertory with the principal dancer of the Teatro Municipal de Rio De Janeiro Cecilia Kerche in the Asociacion Arte y Cultura of Buenos Aires.
Her major instructors were Liliana Belfiore, Pablo Desse, Eugenia Gavito and Roberto